I have been making traditional shepherd’s pie for many years, well not anymore. This shepherd’s pie recipe was given to me by a friend after I tasted it and then had to know what the secret ingredients was that made the meat so savory. Secret is unveiled below…
Best Tasting Shepherd’s Pie
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 2 to 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 8 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- Instant mashed potato’s, 6 servings, prepared according to box
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and garlic. Drain.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and heat for about 3 minutes.
- Mix onion soup mix with water; microwave for 3 minutes. Add to beef. Heat until the mixture thickens.
- add in vegetables and cook until heated then Add can of mushroom soup.
- Pour meat into a 9 x 12 inch casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 30 minutes, or until hot, bubbly.