Beautiful healthy side dish of Pecan Glazed Acorn Squash. The pecans and brown sugar glaze make the acorn squash taste like candy. This dish is great for holidays or everyday dinners.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 2Tbs butter
- 1cup pecans or walnuts
- Cut the ends of the acorn squash off and discard cut each piece 1 inch thick. scoop out inside seeds and discard.
- Fill a backing pan with 1/4″ of water and place each slice into water.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour. drain water.
- Put brown sugar, butter, cinnamon & salt in bowl and microwave for 15 seconds or until melted. Add pecans to bowl and mix until pecans are covered.
- Pour mixture over squash and enjoy!