Sweet Potato Casserole is a staple dish for Thanksgiving in our house. I have tried many recipe’s over the years that were great. Fortunately I got the chance to try this awesome recipe at a work luncheon and its hands down the best! It has a brown sugar pecan topping that’s crunchy and balances out the smooth and creamy sweet potato mixture. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
A quick tip to save time on this dish is to use the individually wrapped sweet potatoes that can be microwaved, they take about 8 mins. This is not the traditional way to do it but it is easier : )
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 lbs (about 6) sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed (quick option: use individually wrapped microwavable sweet potatoes. Cooks in 8 mins)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ stick unsalted butter (4Tbs)
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and nuts.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and mix until it crumbles.
- Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.